Within this section you will find all downloadable forms and the documents pertaining to the CMLTM in PDF format.
COVID-19 Related Documents
COVID-19 Update – A Return to Symptomatic Testing
Effective June 13, 2022, a change in guidance related to COVID-19 testing for asymptomatic individuals will take effect. Resources and information on this change are below.
Testing requirements have evolved over the course of the COVID-19 pandemic, in response to clinical guidance and regularly monitored indicators of transmission. Extensive consultation has occurred with experts in Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) and clinical leadership.
As a result, testing for COVID-19 should transition to a symptom-based approach, in addition to circumstances where directed by clinical assessment. Asymptomatic testing in any modality should stop, except where clear exceptions exist.
This change aligns with the known level of transmission of the virus throughout Manitoba in recent months and the observed decrease in infection amongst asymptomatic individuals admitted to health-care facilities.
Asymptomatic individuals – regardless of vaccination status and/or reported COVID-19 infection in the past six months do not require routine testing before admission to hospital or personal care home. This includes patients admitted for labour and delivery, however if an infant is admitted to an NICU in an open pod, the mother should be tested even if she is asymptomatic.
Similarly, asymptomatic individuals – regardless of vaccination status and/or reported COVID-19 infection in the past six months do not require routine testing for COVID-19 prior to admission to hospital for surgery.
Clinical circumstances will guide the need of asymptomatic testing in certain circumstances, but can only be undertaken with approval of Regional Infection Prevention and Control staff, in discussion with the on-call Microbiologist.
There is no change in approach to symptomatic individuals with clinical findings consistent with COVID-19. These patients should be tested (PCR or rapid/point of care test) for COVID-19 upon admission to hospital (including labour and delivery) or PCH.
As part of surveillance, in selected areas (ICU); asymptomatic testing should continue (laboratory-based PCR) upon admission.
This memo is also available online at https://sharedhealthmb.ca/files/covid-19-return-to-symptomatic-testing.pdf
Full guidance is available here:
- Provincial Guidance for COVID-19: A Return to Symptomatic Testing (https://sharedhealthmb.ca/files/covid-19-admission...
- FAQs - Return to Symptomatic Testing (https://sharedhealthmb.ca/files/covid-19-pre-op-te...
- Testing Table - Return to Symptomatic Testing (https://sharedhealthmb.ca/files/covid-19-testing-t...
- Testing and Clearance in Acute, Long Term and Home Care – QRG (https://sharedhealthmb.ca/files/covid-19-testing-a...
- Provincial guidance for aerosol generating medical procedures (AGMPs) (https://sharedhealthmb.ca/files/aerosol-generating...
As always, up-to-date information is available at the following locations:
- Information for the Public: https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/
- Information for Health Care Providers, Physicians & Staff https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/providers/
Follow Shared Health on Social Media
- CMLTM Application Form (PDF 337KB)
- Graduating Student Checklist (PDF 413KB)
- Registration Fact Sheet - Active (PDF 564KB)
- Registration Fact Sheet - Conditional (PDF 584KB)
- CMLTM 2020 - 2023 Fees (PDF 176KB)
- IEMLT Documents Checklist (PDF 119MB)
- IEMLT Steps to Registration (PDF 155KB)
- CMLTM Nomination Form - 2022 (PDF 224KB)
- CMLTM Nomination Letter (PDF 179KB)
- CMLTM Nomination Information (PDF 225KB)
Continuing Competency Program
- Continuing Competency Program Handbook 2015 (PDF 1.04MB)
- Guide to Online Portfolio Submission (PDF 800KB)
- Approved and Not-Approved CE Activities List (PDF 318KB)
- CCP Credit Guide (PDF 104KB)
- CE Credit Assessment Application - form fill (PDF 348KB)
- Career Summary Form (PDF 50KB)
- Self Assessment Tool (PDF 335KB)
- Summary Log Sheet (PDF 46KB)
- CMLTM Log Sheets (PDF 249KB)
- Learn More about CMLTM - Brochure (5.5MB)
- Apology Act - News Release 2014 (PDF 118KB)
- MHSAL/Shared Health - Incident Management COVID-19 Situation Status Report #19 (PDF 774KB)
- COVID-19 Update and Request for Assistance (PDF 103KB)
- CMLTM By-Laws - 2021 (PDF 210KB)
- Inquiry Committee Hearings Guidelines (PDF 123KB)
- Records Check Information Sheet (PDF 320KB)
- CMLTM Medical Laboratory Sciences Refresher Course Listing - 2021 (PDF 349KB)
- CMLTM Cytology Refresher Course Listing - 2021 (PDF 75KB)
- CMLTM Clinical Genetics Refresher Course Listing - 2021 (PDF 77KB)
- Committee Chair Selection Criteria - 2015 (PDF 348KB)
- How to Access the Jurisprudence Module (PDF 374KB)
- Renewal Walkthrough (PDF 1KB)
- CMLTM Announcement Regarding RPT CSMLS Exams (PDF 166KB)
- Invitation to Lung Pathology Training for MLTs (PDF 7 MB)